[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Council of the Town of Millville as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]
[Adopted 5-24-2016 by Ord. No. 17-03]
As used in this article, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- AT LARGE
- Any dog that is unrestrained and:
On property open to the public; or
On private property not owned by the owner of the dog, unless a property owner has given permission for such presence.
- Either a male or female canine.
- Any person or persons, firm, association or corporation owning, keeping, maintaining, or harboring a dog.
- Any piece of real or personal property, including vehicles, shrubbery, flowers, other plants, and land.
- RUN AT LARGE
- To wander, rove, ramble, or move about at will, unrestrained off the premises of its owner.
- Not under the control of a human being by cord, leash, chain or similar physical restraint, which does not include voice control.
It shall be unlawful for any owner of any dog to permit the dog, whether licensed or unlicensed, to run at large within the corporate limits of the Town.
This article shall not apply to any specially trained companion dog actually accompanying a disabled person or any police work dog engaged in police work.