Revisions to the Town Residential Rental Application ProcessingDate Posted: Wednesday, February 12th, 2020
Please be advised that on February 11, 2020, the Mayor and Council of the Town of Millville approved Ordinance 20-07, Chapter 90, Licenses in relationship to Parking Requirements and Information Provision. These changes were made following consideration and discussions at a Town Council Meeting of ways to address complaints related to overcrowding and disruptive actions at some rental homes.
The new Ordinance changes are more specifically as follows:
New Section 90-16, E. Residential rental requirements:
1) The property owner shall use reasonable business practices to ensure that the
occupants and guests of a residential rental complies will all applicable codes
concerning fire, building, health and safety, zoning, and all other relevant
2) The overnight occupancy of a residential rental shall not exceed the sum of
two persons per bedroom plus an additional two persons. Children under the
age of six years shall not be counted towards the overall number of
3) The property owner shall use reasonable business practices to ensure that
the occupants and guests of the residential rental do not create unreasonable
noise disturbances, engage in disorderly conduct, or violate provisions of the
Code or any applicable law of the State of Delaware.
4) The property owner shall limit their rental occupants to one (1) motor
vehicle parking space (not to include a recreational vehicle) for each
bedroom as shown in the property records of the Town, with all off street
parking available to the rental property utilized first. The property owner
shall include the parking limitations set forth in this Section in any rental
agreement and all other communications with tenants.
5) The property owner shall provide adequate waste and recycle services.
The new process and application requirements will go into effect May 1, 2020 for Residential Rental Licenses.
The Town of Millville pursuant to Code Section 90-4 will require applicants at the time of each annual Residential Rental License Application to provide –
- A copy of the blank rental property lease agreement that owner intends to utilize for the application year which clearly states the limit of one motor vehicle parking space per bedroom and where applicable, the number of off-street spaces available to the rental property.
- The proposed location of parking for rental tenants will be noted on the application.
- The number of bedrooms (which will be checked against our property records) will be required to be included on the application.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions regarding the completion of your residential rental application, please contact Robin Caporaletti, Code & Building Administrator at 302-539-0449. To view this announcement, please click here. To view Ordinance 20-07, please click here.