Town of Millville Employment Opportunity: Code Enforcement & Building AdministratorDate Posted: Monday, March 30th, 2020
The Town of Millville is looking for a qualified individual for the full-time position of Code Enforcement & Building Administrator (CEBA). Under the supervision of the Code & Building Official (CBO) and Town Manager, the CEBA: enforces the Town’s Property Maintenance Code, Building Permit Code, Sign Code, and Licensing Code; issues documented violation notices and follows up; prepares and processes building and sign permits for CBO’s review and approval; schedules building inspections for CBO and maintains inspection tracking; processes new applications for licenses as well as renewal applications, invoices and approves same; and provides day-to-day administrative, clerical and operational duties and support to the CBO and for the Town Manager as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the field of code enforcement;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- High level of computer proficiency including knowledge of and experience with such computer programs as Microsoft Office (Excel a must), Outlook Express and financial software; and
- The ability to read blueprints and site plans.
- Any satisfactory equivalent combination of education experience and training which ensures the ability to perform the work may substitute for the above.
The successful applicant must possess a valid driver’s license, pass a background check and drug test. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
The deadline for consideration is close of business on Monday, April 27, 2020. To apply, qualified applicants should mail a cover letter, resume and employment application (found here) to:
Town of Millville
Town Manager Debbie Botchie
36404 Club House RD
Millville, DE 19967
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Millville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.