Medication Drug Collection Sites in Delaware
Local Sussex County collection sites for safe medication drug disposal are:
- National Center on Elder Abuse https://dhss.delaware.gov/dsaapd/faq_reportabuse.html
- Sussex County Mapping & Addressing
- Please remember to notify the Town of your new address!
- Since the Town of Millville does not have a police department nor an animal control office, if you wish to report a dog “at large” (i.e., any dog that is unrestrained and (1) on property open to the public; or (2) on private property not owned by the owner of the dog, unless a property owner has given permission for such presence), please contact the Delaware Office of Animal Welfare’s Delaware Animal Services (DAS), by either calling 302-255-4646, or by filling out an online violation complaint form found here.
- Injured birds: If you spot an injured bird, call Tri-State at 302-737-9543 or the Delaware Division of Fish & Wildlife at 302-739-9912. When contacting Tri-State, please have patience while waiting for someone to respond as Tri-State rescuers rely on volunteers. If a volunteer is not immediately available to respond, keep an eye on the bird. If able and comfortable, contain or capture the bird with guidance over the phone from Tri-State experts. For more tips on responding to injured wild birds, go to tristatebird.org/foundinjuredbird.
- To report someone trying to injure wildlife, call 800-292-3030.
- Road Kill Removal: If you wish to report road kill (i.e., dead deer, dead dog, etc.) for removal from a road, DelDOT has a crew to perform this duty. You may reach them at 302-659-4600.
- Keeping Pets Safe & Secure at Home
- DAS does not handle complaints involving wildlife. Refer to the information below to assist you. Nuisance Wild Animal Concerns – such as a squirrel in the attic or a skunk under a shed:
Emergency Preparedness & Procedures
- Register for Delaware Emergency Notification System
- Sussex County Storm Information
- State of Delaware Emergency Operations Center – DEMA
- National Hurricane Center