Child Sexual Abuse:
- State of Delaware Sex Offender Search
- State of Maryland Sex Offender Search
- A Letter from the Director of the Division of Child Mental Health Services on questions about child sexual abuse and trauma
- Sussex County Mapping & Addressing
- Please remember to notify the Town of your new address!
- Since the Town of Millville does not have a police department nor an animal control office, if you wish to report a dog “at large” (i.e., any dog that is unrestrained and (1) on property open to the public; or (2) on private property not owned by the owner of the dog, unless a property owner has given permission for such presence), please contact the Delaware Office of Animal Welfare’s Delaware Animal Services (DAS), by either calling 302-255-4646, or by filling out an online violation complaint form found here.
- All dogs, 6 months of age or older on or before March 1 of the year in which an application is made, must be licensed within the county in which they reside. Licenses are valid for the calendar year in which they are purchased and must be obtained by March 1.
- Payment for your license is due within 30 days of the license expiration date, or within 30 days of acquiring a dog over the age of 6 months in the State of Delaware.
- A late fee will be added to each license purchased more than 30 days after the license expiration date, or more than 30 days after acquiring a dog over the age of 6 months in the State of Delaware.
- License fees are $10.00 for spayed/neutered dogs for 1 year, $15.00 for unsterilized dogs for 1 year.
- Seeing eye, lead or guide dogs or dogs that have previously served in a branch of the United States armed forces must be licensed but are exempt from the licensing fee.
- Current rabies vaccinations are required for licensing. The expiration date for the rabies vaccination must occur after March 1 of the year for which the the dog license is valid.
- One, two or three year licenses may be purchased, dependent upon the expiration date of the rabies vaccination.
- If a dog license is not obtained on or before March 1, a fine of $50.00 is possible. Subsequent offenses within 12 months of a prior offense could result in fines of $100.00.
- Lost tags require purchase of a new license.
- For questions regarding licensing, call 1-877-730-6347 or visit the State of Delaware’s Pet Data website at www.petdata.com/for-pet-owners/dlw.
Emergency Preparedness & Procedures:
- Register for Delaware Emergency Notification System
- Sussex County Storm Information
- State of Delaware Emergency Operations Center – DEMA
- National Hurricane Center
You can check on local storm shelter locations by calling the American Red Cross at (302) 856-2993 or the Sussex County Emergency Operation Center (EOC) storm line at (302) 856-7366.
Please check back occasionally for more on this subject. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us here at the Town of Millville.